Q: Key FOB has stopped working

My key FOB has quit working. Naturally, I tried a new battery, but nothing! How can I get a new one other than at the dealership?

A: You can get one from an aftermarket source ...

You can get one from an aftermarket source but it will still have to go to the dealer to have it programmed if you cannot get a local mechanic to program it with a factory programmer.

These programmers are only at the dealers for the most part. You may check a local shop or a mechanic, but I will suspect the dealer is the only way to get it programmed. If you want a second opinion on this, reach out to a certified technician who can help diagnose the issue.