Q: Tire going flat despite no visible damage

asked by on February 16, 2016

The tire pressure light is on. The left rear tire is going flat, but I can see no damage to the tire.

Hi, it can be very hard to find holes in a tire sometimes as they can be very small. It is also possible that the Schrader valve on the tire is damaged and leaking air slowly. You can try putting some soapy water on the valve to see if it starts bubbling up. If there are no bubbles, you will most likely need to have the tire removed from the rim and inspected more thoroughly. Small holes can be repaired, however they will never be as good as a new tire. Have a certified technician inspect the tire to assist you further.