Q: Cost to replace head.

I need to know if my PT Cruiser has a bad head or not. If it does, I also need to know how much it would cost to replace?

A: The head on these engines are aluminum and ...

The head on these engines are aluminum and if the engine has been overheated then the head would have to be removed, sent to a machine shop to be checked for warpage, leaks or cracks. Only then would a mechanic know i it needs to be replaced or not. In order to quote the new head a mechanic such as one from YourMechanic would have to do a thorough inspection on the vehicle to diagnose it first.