Q: starter

asked by on May 25, 2017

https://youtu.be/nw3l_idPTKQ no check engine light. last starter burnt out. new starter is less than 3 weeks old. and acting the same way. car starts in the on position before start switch.

Engine is running louder than normal Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Even without a check engine light, there may be codes present that will help with this. Scan the vehicle for codes first, and use any present to help guide you. The noises you are hearing may be fuel pump related, alternator related, drive belt related, or having to do with the pistons and cylinders. You will need to go through system by system until you find the cause of the rough running conditions and noises. Only further testing will tell. You may want to try testing the alternator, fuel pressure, spark system, compression, and all of the fluids. For more help, contact our service department.