Q: My car cut off on the highway and wont start back up.

My car cut off on the highway but wont cut back on. I dont wanna go out and waste money on parts and thats not the problem. Before cutting off the car ran ruff do to a po443 code im guessing. I was going to change the starter because all it does is click when i turn the key but i wanna know can that p0443 code cause my car to not start? Please help and thankyou

A: Trouble code P0443 is for an Evaporative Pu...

Trouble code P0443 is for an Evaporative Purge Control Circuit. This system is responsible for carrying fuel vapors from the fuel tank to be burned off during normal driving. This would not cause the vehicle to stall or not crank.

Also, if the vehicle was running then stalled out, the starter would not be at fault for that. The starter will not cause the vehicle to stall.

The most cost-effective way to start is to have a technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the no start condition before replacing any parts. Most auto parts sources will not accept returns on electrical or electronic components.