Q: Hi I have a 2007 nissan maxima 3.5l with a p0746 and a p0776 code saying the pressure control solenoid is stuck off

asked by on September 29, 2017

Hi I have a 2007 nissan maxima 3.5l with a p0746 and a p0776 code saying the pressure control solenoid is stuck off Car starts fine, no overheating, spark plugs have an extensive gap, transmission fluid hasn't been changed for probably 5-15000 miles if not more. Fuel filter has not been checked or changed for probably just as long. Spark plug wires are good.

Hi Jeffery. The P-0746 OBD-II trouble code is one of the more confusing and hard to diagnose codes. P0746 will occur when the required amount of fluid pressure doesn’t match the actual amount that is detected by the vehicle’s PCM. The most common cause of this code is contaminated transmission fluid - usually caused by filter debris being clogged inside the hydraulic lines. However, a faulty sensor or electrical harness connection could also be the source. The other code listed is essentially the same thing with similar symptoms and root sources. Having the transmission fluid flushed and filter replaced is probably the best way to start to resolve this problem.