Q: hi peter my 2011 jaguar xf wont turnover to start wondering what the problem could be

asked by on May 30, 2017

My car wont turnover to start was wondering what problem could be

Hi there. If your Jaguar will not crank over when you press the ignition button there are two possible sources. Either the ignition relay is damaged or the starter relay or starter is broken. If the engine cranks over but will not ignite, it will be caused by an ignition system component, (such as a crankshaft or cam position sensor being faulty) or a fuel delivery issue, (such as a fuel pump that is faulty - which is common for Jaguars after 5 years). It might be a good idea to first have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can isolate the source of this problem and recommend the correct repairs.