Q: What does the low engine oil pressure Warning Light mean?

What does the low engine oil pressure Warning Light mean?

The low engine oil pressure Warning Light is located on the instrument panel. When this light illuminates, the oil pressure is too low. You should pull over to a safe location and check the oil level. If the oil is low, add more oil to the system or have your vehicle serviced. If the level is good and the light is still on, have the vehicle towed to avoid possible engine damage.

Tip

Like all warning lights, the low engine oil pressure Warning Light briefly illuminates when you turn the car on. The light is only a problem if it stays lit when the engine is turned on.