Q: replaced engine with a new crate motor and it wont start. can you list the things for me to check

have check voltage at distributor and its 12.5 volts. no fire it seems when turning over

A: First thing is to remove and inspect the ca...

First thing is to remove and inspect the cap and rotor for the spark grounding through the rotor button. Using a test light, hook the lead to a ground, and test with the key on if the coil has power to one side of the coil. The other side should blink when cranking the engine.

If you do not have a blinking signal to the coil the ignition module is most likely the cause. If you have a blinking signal to the coil then replace the coil. Do not forget to make sure to see if the distributor is turning when you crank the engine.

I'd recommend getting some help from a qualified technician who can diagnose your starting issue and make the necessary repairs to you car at your own convenience.