Q: What does it mean if the Throttle Control/Powertrain Light comes on in the dash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does it mean if the Throttle Control/Powertrain Light comes on in the dash?

If you see a light on the dash that looks like a little wrench, it means that the computer has detected a problem with the engine or transmission. This is the Throttle Control/Powertrain Light. It should only come on if there is an issue, and you should have the car inspected as soon as possible. If you notice any unusual performance from the engine or transmission, consider having the car towed rather than driving it in order to prevent potential damage.

Tip

Do not confuse the “wrench” icon with a service indicator. All scheduled service information should come through the car’s message center.