Q: No crank/no start. New battery, alternator, starter, ignition switch...

It started as a no crank/ no start(no click,dash lights came on and didn't dim, only sound was fuel pump) about a month ago. Initially(when I hadn't replaced anything yet) out of about 100 crank attempts, around the 80th attempt it randomly started up then died after a few seconds and wouldn't crank or start again. So I replaced the battery, terminals, cleaned connections, replaced battery ground wire, checked other ground wires, replaced alternator and the starter. None of that worked so I kept looking, i checked fuses, listened for fuel pump(I can hear it), replaced ignition switch and tested fuel pump relays under the ECU(they show continuity and click).

Finally figured out the new(but used) starter I installed was bad. So I got another one and put it in, and the car would crank after a little hesitation but then die immediately. If I immediately tried again it wouldn't crank and only turn over and over etc. That was yesterday, today it is back to the original no start/crank.

Hi there. It looks as if you have covered most of the bases. However, it is possible that you may have an exposed or faulty ground wire, damaged ignition relay or starter relay. It is also possible although unlikely, that something in the timing system is causing the timing to be too far retarded, which can cause starting issues you’ve described. This might be a case of chasing parts only to have a different issue pop up, so it might be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection.

Hello. Your no start condition could be caused by several things. I suggest that you have a technician inspect: the mass airflow sensor, crank position sensor, cam position sensor. fuel pressure regulator and the immobilizer system. A bad mass air flow sensor will cause incorrect data to be sent to the computer which will cause a no start condition. Also a clogged fuel pump or bad fuel pressure regulator could be hindering the fuel supply. The cam position sensor and crank position sensor are in charge of sending the signal to the fuel and ignition to let them know when to work. Last but not least if there’s an issue with the immobilizer system the vehicle may think it’s been stolen or tampered with and cause a no start condition as well. Inspecting the things I mentioned should help you solve the issue your vehicle is having. We do have technicians here which will be happy to help you find the solution to your problem. You are able to find a technician and schedule an appointment here https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection

3. No crank/no start. New battery, alternator, starter, ignition switch...