Q: I have added power steering fluid to my car...I have seen a video which says the fluid should be in middle level. Can I add more? 2005 Honda Accord

asked by on March 05, 2017

I have added the power steering fluid a little more than the upper level...i am not sure about the level...is it okay?

Hello - either the side of the fluid reservoir will have Max/Min marks for the maximum and minimum fluid level desirable for power steering fluid, or there will be a "dipstick" indicator on the inside of the fluid cap that drops down into the fluid. With the car on a level surface, and the engine running at an idle in Park, check to see if the fluid level falls between these to markers. ONLY ADD FLUID is the fluid level is below the "Min" marking. Too much fluid (over the "Max" marker) will cause foaming and overflow, and loss of power assist. (When checking with a dipstick cap, removed the cap, wipe any residual fluid off the dipstick, reinstall the cap completely, then remove it carefully to see where the fluid level shows on the stick.)