Q: Stops accelerating while driving - 2002 Ford Crown Victoria

while driving my car all of a sudden slows down and seems as if it's running out of gas and shuts down ..the pedal be on the floor and it goes no where while still running in drive ....shuts down ...wait 30 min and it cranks back up fine and takes off... I've replaced spark plugs and intake plus no fuel filter

A: The problem is most likely in the fuel supp...

The problem is most likely in the fuel supply system of the vehicle. When the vehicle is running okay, turn the key on and off to see if you can hear the fuel pump in the tank. Now when the vehicle stalls do the same and see if you can hear the pump run when you turn on the key without starting. If you do not hear the pump, when stalling occurs then you may have a bad fuel pump in the fuel tank. Have a mechanic verify the issue in person to make sure. If replacing the fuel pump, it is usually recommended to replace the fuel filter and fuel pump relay with the pump.