Q: Engine vibrates when aircon is on and vibration increases specifically in traffic

when i turn the aircon on i felt some vibration that goes on and off. vibration increases increases specially in traffic with a pounding noise and the aircon becomes a blower. air flowing out of the aircon is no longer cool even if i swicht it to maximum cool. what do you think is the problem, pls help me. thanks

Hey there. The "vibration that goes on and off" is likely the compressor cycling on and off - this is by design. However, the fact that this seems to have a pounding noise with it, is most not common for Toyotas. There will be some loss of cooling efficiency in stop-and-go traffic, simply because of the loss of air flow through the AC condenser in front of the radiator, but should not completely stop cooling. Assuming it is still on warranty, take it back to Toyota, and make sure they hear/feel this noise and vibration you mention. If you are no longer under warranty or would rather have the vehicle serviced outside of the dealer, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the AC system and have this repaired accordingly.

3. Engine vibrates when aircon is on and vibration increases specifically in traffic