Q: Headlights On electrical problems - 1983 Dodge D150

asked by on September 08, 2016

When I turned ON the headlights on my pickup truck all of my gauges went all the way to the right. My left blinker stayed lit up on my dashboard and my dash lights all went out. I had the wiring done, but the problem started again. All of the gauges returned to their normal places when I turned OFF the headlights. The driver’s seat belt buzzed when it was not clicked. This never happened before. When the headlights are ON I have problems. When the headlights are OFF I have no problems. Do you know what’s wrong?

Hello. There could be a short in the headlight switch causing the dash to malfunction. When the headlight switch is on, see if the problem continues. I would also have the wiring that was done re-checked for any shorts or broken wires that could potentially cause this problem. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to [inspect the electrical issues](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/lights-headlamps-beams-brakes-inspection in order to make the correct repair.