Q: Replace Faulty Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid code

The Check Engine light is on, and the code reads Replace Faulty Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid.

A: Hello. If the Check Engine Light has come o...

Hello. If the Check Engine Light has come on for a faulty torque converter clutch solenoid, it is likely that the solenoid needs to be replaced. The torque converter clutch solenoid is an important part of the vehicle's transmission system, it tells the vehicle when to shift. When it fails, the vehicle may experience reduced performance, erratic shifting, and the Check Engine Light will come on. As the torque converter solenoid is often located underneath the vehicle, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle and if necessary, replace the solenoid.