Q: 06 mazda3 runs idles wont accelerate no major engine codes one forlow coolant adn the other for catylist below effeciancy but noth

asked by on February 13, 2017

06 mazda3 runs idles wont accelerate no major engine codes one for low coolant and other for catylist below effeciancy but nothing about a sensor ,could a sensor be failing and throw a code?

Be sure to maintain adequate coolant in the engine. If you suspect a leak, request a coolant leak diagnostic. The diagnostic trouble code referring to catalyst efficiency, although that issue should be resolved in a check engine light diagnostic, is probably not relevant to the loss of power issue excepting a circumstance where the catalytic converter is plugged. Among common possibilities for loss of power are throttle body faults (electronic throttle controls, mass airflow sensor, torn air intake hose), worn out spark plugs, faulty fuel pump or restricted fuel system, and large vacuum leaks (including EGR malfunctions, PCV system, leaking intake manifold, leaking EVAP purge valve). A scan tool would be used to look at real time conditions within the engine (particularly fuel trim, etc.) and identify the root cause. If you want these diagnostic tests performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a loss of power inspection/diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.