Q: I have a Dodge Ram and I ran a mailbox over on my right side. When I turn left and right there's a grinding noise on the right.

asked by on February 17, 2017

I hit a mailbox on the right side of my truck and makes a grinding noise on the right side .it sounds like the brakes grinding maybe something else I'm not sure only when you're turning on the right side, it makes noise driving forwards or backwards, just turning out only on the right side were that's where the impact was

After running over the mailbox, the box or stem could have bent the backing plate and is now causing the grinding noise as the backing plate is scraping against the brake rotor on the right side. Inspect your brake system and see what is causing the grinding noise. If you need further assistance with the grinding noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.