Q: Motor ticking and stalling

My motor is ticking and the Check Engine light is on. I was driving and it stalled on me. It didn't smoke do anything to indicate that there was a problem.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Initially, check the engine oil for correct level and smell it for a gas smell. If the engine oil level is low, add oil until it is correct. If it smells like gas, then you likely have another issue. Regardless, the Check Engine light requires a scan tool that will retrieve the engine codes that will help resolve your issue. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can assist you in diagnosis and repair.