Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-55793-cjmzdmjs:173:8

Q: Expedition overheating

My Ford expedition is overheating, the radiator has been fixed, the thermostat has been replaced and then removed, the antifreeze level is fine, there are no leaks either outside or inside the engine, the cooling fan works fine. What else could it be?

A: Be sure the engine is actually overheating ...

Be sure the engine is actually overheating and you are not looking at a faulty temperature gauge reading. To determine the actual operating temperature use physical temperature measurements at the sending unit. You did not mention the status of the water pump (drive belt, pump impeller, etc.). Of course, check to be sure you have a functioning water pump.

If engine timing is too advanced, whether basic timing (at idle) or the advance mechanism, that can cause overheating. Another possibility in your circumstance with a 17 year old engine is that the cooling passages could have a blockage. Other obvious things to check are low engine oil level and dragging brakes.

If you're unable to fix the issue yourself, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you and diagnose your overheating issue firsthand for an accurate repair.