Q: Transmission slipping between first gear and second gear

Hello, I have a regularly maintained and serviced car with around 160,000 miles on it. There is an issue with the transmission slipping during shifting from first gear to second gear. This happens very often and usually during an increase in speed. What could be causing this? Thank you.

A: Hello. The transmission in your vehicle is ...

Hello. The transmission in your vehicle is 14 years old and has 160,000 miles on it. It is most likely starting to slip as a result of normal wear and tear. It is probable that the first and second clutches are worn out which is why the transmission is slipping when driving in those shifts. I would suggest that you get the transmission replaced or rebuilt by a transmission repair shop in order to repair this problem.