Q: What are other expected problems when the timing belt goes out on a 2003 325i bmw. Other things to look for or replace when that h

asked by on August 28, 2017

Timimg belt went out when someone was driving this car. Its being replaced now. Question what other problems should i look out for after this happens. Does anything else other than pullies need replacing?

Hi Renee. When the timing belt breaks, it can create damage inside the motor, such as with cylinder head components. If the pulley’s and the belt are replaced, and the engine starts without a constant ticking noise, then you should be OK. Sometimes inconsistent oil pressure (or the oil pressure light illuminating) will be an indication of a damaged oil pump - but this is extremely rare. If a professional mechanic or BMW specialist is completing this service, they should let you know that everything is good to go - or if additional repairs would be needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr