Q: Whining noise when I hit a certain RPM? Jerks while driving?

While I am driving my car, if I get up to 2.5 RPM it starts to make a whining sound and if I go to a higher RPM it just gets louder and it won't change gears like it should and I have to either let off of the gas for it to change gears or accelerate harder. Also, while I'm driving, my car jerks and sputters and seems like it's going to break down. Can anyone tell me what this might be? And how much it would be to fix it?

The problem sounds like the transmission is not shifting. This can be caused by several possible causes. You will need to have the computer tested for stored codes to see if it points to the transmission or other possible problems. These vehicles are known to have transmission failure problems and would need additional diagnosis.

3. Whining noise when I hit a certain RPM? Jerks while driving?