Q: 2011 Ford Fusion idling rough and stalling out

asked by on December 07, 2017

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion about a month ago it started to idle rough I took it to the garage and they claim they fix it by putting in a new oxygen sensor then a month later it started idling rough again they didn't another sensor then not even a week later the car idle so rough and stalls out and almost left me and my son stranded the car did start after 5 tries and idles very rough after that and started to buck. I took it back to Ford they said it's not the oxygen sensor or the other part they replaced it's now the motor for the brakes causing it but there is a recall out on my car for the throttle body could the throttle body cause all this issue cause this issue I am running out of money and it's cost me almost two grand so far to fix my car and it's not working properly they're now saying it's the brakes causing the car to idle rough which I've never heard of could the brakes do that

The power brakes on your vehicle rely on engine vacuum. If a vacuum leak were to develop anywhere after the supply leaves the intake manifold, on its way to the brake booster, the engine could run poorly. To diagnose this possibility, cap the stub on the intake that leads to the brake booster, thus shutting off vacuum to the booster. If engine operation immediately smooths out, fix the leak (could be tubing, could be the booster). Alternatively, you can request a rough operation/rough idle diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will perform the required diagnostic steps to get this resolved for you without additional hassle. With regard to the throttle body, although there was a Ford "service campaign", and indeed a government investigation of throttle faults on your (and other Ford) vehicles, there was never any official recall relative to the throttle body. To determine if your vehicle was included within the Ford "service campaign", simply ask your dealer although, in my experience, if you are not pointed and precise enough about it, they will give you an unreliable response. What you can do is give your VIN to the Mechanic in the event that you seek a rough operation/rough idle diagnostic and the Mechanic will get that aspect of your inquiry straightened out. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.