Q: Replaced crankshaft sensor and timing belt on 05 kia optima lx after. Kia engine kept stalling cutting off now its still not running

I was on my way to go get my 05Kia checked out after the check engine light came on but it died and I had to have it towed away and the reader show it comes down to the crankshaft position sensor code showed up replaced the crankshaft position sensor and timing belt and the only way to start my Kia optima lx was with engine starter what is the solution for this vehicle I've never had a problem with the vehicle not running properly before what's the problem? Tyvm

Hello. If the vehicle is not starting after the timing belt was replaced, then the compression needs to be checked as the timing may still be off. If the compression is fine, then the crank sensor may not be installed correctly or it may be defective. I usually install my scan tool to monitor its reading to see if it is working correctly. If it is, then further testing will need to be done as it may have another sensor failure or possibly a fuel system issue. If you need to have this no-start issue diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to have this resolved.

• Replaced crankshaft sensor and timing belt on 05 kia optima lx after. Kia engine kept stalling cutting off now its still not running