Q: My car has a problem with the manifold - 2009 Nissan Altima

So I went to pep boys to get my car inspected and do emissions. I passed the emissions but the inspection failed, and said various things, most importantly being Manifold. This could be Intake or Exhaust, but I am wondering how it passed the emissions if something is wrong with the Manifold.

Sort of taking a flier on this one, but I suspect the "fail" designation would be assigned if the exhaust manifold were leaking. If so, exhaust fumes could then enter the vehicle through the fresh air vents and cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Not good. You may have noticed a slight "noisy muffler" sound if this is the case.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect the exhaust system and determine what exactly is wrong so your car can return to full working order.