Q: Car won't go into gear ocassionally, 1990 Porsche 944

Ocassionally, after starting the car, I'm not able to put it in gear. Other times, the car runs normally. When I start it and put in reverse, it would start moving with the clutch depressed. However, the car wouldn't go forward when I start it and put into first gear. I already had the system bled. I had the master and slave hydraulics replaced. What do you recommend I should do?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1990 Porsche 944. A severely worn clutch will cause slippage and the vehicle will not move. Another common concern is the linkage between the shifter and transmission assembly. The cable and the clutch assembly should be looked at also. If you want to have this looked at, a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the shifting issue and let you know what needs repair.