Q: Door ajar light stuck on

It is always dimly lit whether the car is on or off... if a door is actually ajar it gets brighter. I have a remote start that the module just expired, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but that isn't working either

Hello there, a variety of faults will cause your 2006 Scion xB to have the door ajar light on at all times. The likely faults would be a failing door switch, shorted wire, or a damaged wiring harness. If the wiring harness is damaged or a wire shorted the remote start issues and the door ajar light may be related if they started at same time. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your door ajar light and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

3. Door ajar light stuck on