Door ajar light stuck on

It is always dimly lit whether the car is on or off... if a door is actually ajar it gets brighter. I have a remote start that the module just expired, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but that isn't working either

Hello there, a variety of faults will cause your 2006 Scion xB to have the door ajar light on at all times. The likely faults would be a failing door switch, shorted wire, or a damaged wiring harness. If the wiring harness is damaged or a wire shorted the remote start issues and the door ajar light may be related if they started at same time. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your door ajar light and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.