Q: 2010 Chrysler 300 not getting operating temperature

2010 Chrysler 300. 3. 5 not getting any operating temperature and sending a code 13x . Can't remember. I was suggested to change thermostat and an electric fan sensor. Any experience?

The first thing you’d want to do is change the thermostat. It is a cheap part, so change the thermostat first to see if this remedies the problem. They often just don’t heat to the operating temperature because the thermostat is stuck open. If that’s not it, then change the fan sensor, because the sensor tells the computer what the temperature is. And if it’s not working right, you’ll keep thinking that it’s running too cool and it has a problem. But more likely it will be the thermostat. The sensor can go bad, too, so replace that after. It’s a little bit harder to get to than a thermostat. The thermostat is cheap and easy to change and it is the most common thing. They will be able to replace the thermostat for you at your home or office.