Q: My power steering is making a ridiculous noise, and it has for some time now.

Hi, I have a 2011 Ford Focus, and I've tried to fix a terribly loud noise my car makes when turning. There is no leak in my power steering, I've replaced my pump and even my rack and pinion, and the noise is still there and as loud as ever. What else could it be?

If you have a noisey power steering pump when turning and replacement pump did the same noise then you need to remove the pump reservoir and check the inside screen to see if it is plugged up with dirt and debris. Try to clean it out or replace the reservoir if you cannot get all the dirt and metal particles out of it. The filter screen can start the pump for oil when turning or all the time depending on how clogged it is.

• My power steering is making a ridiculous noise, and it has for some time now.