Q: What can cause a rattle in the front end while driving straight, that goes away when you turn any degree?

When driving in a straight line, there is a fast pace rattle from the lower driver side front of the vehicle. If I turn the wheel, even just a very small amount, the rattle goes away. As soon as I straighten up again, the rattle immediately comes back. If I let go of the steering wheel, the car will drive straight as an arrow, doesn’t veer unless the road is uneven. It happens at speeds over 35 mph, on every type of road I can think of. It is very distinctly a rattle. Not a clunk or knock. It rattles going over bumps, as well as when you are braking. What do you think caused that?

Depending on the condition of the brake pads, they may also cause a bit of rattling if they are in need of being replaced. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to ensure everything is in proper working order.

3. What can cause a rattle in the front end while driving straight, that goes away when you turn any degree?