Q: What does it mean if the Vehicle Stability Assist Off indicator comes on?

What does it mean if the Vehicle Stability Assist Off indicator comes on?

The vehicle stability assist (VSA) system on your car is designed to help provide better traction, stability and handling during certain driving conditions. However, it doesn’t have to be on, and there are times when you’ll want to turn it off. If the VSA Off light is on in your dash, it means one of two things:

1. It’s on for a self-check during engine startup. In this case, the light will turn off within a few seconds.

2. You’ve turned the VSA off, and the light is on as a reminder that the system is not active. It will automatically turn back on when you stop and restart the engine (it comes on by default even if you turned the VSA system off before turning off the engine).

3. What does it mean if the Vehicle Stability Assist Off indicator comes on?