Q: The kick down on my transmission is not working

jist had my motor rebuilt my kick down on my trans not working

The transmission control module (TCM) helps regulate fuel efficiency and power while storing information about the transmission system in its memory. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various switches such as input and output shaft speed sensors and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other components controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your car. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission shifting problem.