Q: It won't start. I've narrowed it down to the electrical. I can't get a spark out of the distributor. I have a 1996 Geo Prizm.

I've tested it for spark at the end of the spark plug wire that connects to the spark plug. Nothing. I've tested it at the distributor. Nothing. I've confirmed there is voltage at the connection to the ignition module under the distributor cap.

Hi there. Typically when you are not getting spark at the tip of the plug wire, and nothing at the distributor, the next point to inspect would be the ignition coil - followed by the ignition relay - followed by the ignition cylinder. If you find power in-between two individual systems, the issue will be with the system where power fails. Based on your type of car, the issue tends to be with the ignition relay. If you need help with this issue, feel free to set up a car is hard to start inspection.

3. It won't start. I've narrowed it down to the electrical. I can't get a spark out of the distributor. I have a 1996 Geo Prizm.