Q: My 2006 Acura TL gear shift will not move what could be wrong

asked by on June 05, 2017

My 2006 Acura TL will not come out of park i have to manually put it in gear two lights come on which are /!\ this light and my vsa light what could be the problem

Hi there. The The vehicle stability assist (VSA) Off light is located on the instrument panel and illuminates whenever the VSA system is deactivated. When the VSA system is reactivated, the light will disappear. In general, when the ! light comes on, it indicates a communication error with the ECU. If your shifter will not move, it’s possible that the brake switch under the brake pedal is damaged, or the linkage itself is stuck. It is a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a shifter will not move inspection to determine the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.