Q: Overheating above 60MPH - 2002 Nissan Frontier

asked by on October 26, 2016

OK so my 2002 nissan frontier Supercharged over heats when I get like above 60 MPH but in city drive I can drive it all day and it won't over heat just in high speeds I've changed the coolant got new radiator cap the radiator is pretty new.. im just wondering what it is my theory is that it could be the thermostat or waterpump but do not know... my other questions Is that in the morning when I get the truck to operating temperature the heat works for about like 10 to 15 mins of driving then it will just blow cold air until I turn the truck off and turn it on again and it will do it again the coolant is at perfect level also

Hello there, many faults that will cause your 2002 Nissan Frontier to overheat above 60mph. When overheating is seen at speeds the most often faults are the radiator, low coolant level, air in the cooling system, or a faulty cooling fan. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your overheating issues and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running normally again.