Q: Knocking feeling from the foot rest area.

Recently, I always can feel weak knocking from the foot rest area, when I was driving at low speed on uneven road or hit the bumper, it happens more often when I start drive for 10 to 15 minutes. Mine is 2016 EXL, just has 13K miles. It's not always happening, sometimes, it is kind of like the sound when there is a flat tire. . And my left foot can feel the knocking. Already went to the dealer twice, but they said they can not duplicate the knocking, they checked everything, said there is no abnormal noise, and they thought since it is winter time, some part of the car will have some noise. But when I came home, I was thinking I live in Southern CA, it is not that cold, so if my car's knocking feeling is normal, how about those people living in the northern part of the country?

Hi there. Sounds like a motor or transmission mount is loose and as your vehicle is going over bumps, the motor mount or transmission mount is banging on the sub-frame transferring the motion to the floor board of the vehicle. Check all of the motor mounts and make sure that they are tight and not broken. If you need further assistance with the knocking feeling on the floor board, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.