Q: Check Oil Light coming on.

The Check Oil Light keeps coming on. I had my oil changed, but the light still randomly comes on. I read somewhere that it could be low oil pressure or a faulty part.

A: Hello. You are correct that the light can ...

Hello. You are correct that the light can come on for these reasons. If the oil light comes on and there is no engine noise then it is more than likely the oil pressure sensor that needs to be replaced. If the engine is making noise when this occurs then it may be the oil pump. I would typically check the oil pressure with a manual gauge to see what is going on. If the pressure is fine then I would replace the switch. If not then I would replace the pump. You would need an oil pressure gauge to do this. I would get the assistance of a certified mechanic that has the tools to do this, like one from YourMechanic.