Q: Hey, I have a QX70 2015 3.7 6cyl .. so when you changed my oil i used the filter type 15208-31u00 which is slightly longer that the OEM

I changed my oil today and the filter i used is the same company filter Nissan however i changed the model to 15208-31U00 which is used on the 5.0 liter car 8 cyl and it is only slightly longer that the one i use and it fits perfectly in the place . So will it cause any damage to my engine ?

A: There are some advantages and disadvantages...

There are some advantages and disadvantages to this. The advantage to this is obviously more oil flow and circulation. The disadvantage could mean oil pressure fluctuations as the size of the oil filter is determined by the volume of oil that the entire system needs to maintain a specific oil pressure. By increasing the volume with a larger filter, you are altering the oil pressure slightly. The other disadvantage could be that it will take longer for oil pressure to build at start-up when it is cold. I would recommend sticking with the stock OEM size filter in the future.