Q: What's the usual labor hours on a mastercylinder and slave cylinder replacement

asked by on September 01, 2017

Went to reverse out of a parking place in reverse it made a sound and the pedal went to the floor and wouldn't go in gear,how long does it take to change the master cylinder and do you have to change the slave cylinder to

To replace both cylinders takes roughly 8 hours. You can get an exact quote, both as to labor and parts, by using YourMechanic’s on-line estimator for clutch repairs. Note that sometimes the problem is just a hydraulic leak, for example at a tube, in which case you don’t have to do anything except replace the tube and bleed the system. Really, the only way to find out exactly what is wrong, and what your cost to repair might be, is to get an authoritative diagnostic. If you want to go that route, please request a clutch inspection and the responding certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will identify the exact problem and commence the repairs right then and there if you desire. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.