Q: Heater not blowing hot air

asked by on March 17, 2016

The heater in my truck is not blowing hot air. I also noticed liquid leaking below the passenger's side dash.

Cooling System Flush $178.82 - $224.54 Get a Quote

If you have fluid leaking from under the dash on the passenger side, the heater core is leaking. This part will require replacement in order to get heat to function properly again. Sometimes this can be replaced by removing only the glovebox. Other times the dash will need to be completely removed to access the heater core. With this taken into consideration, I would recommend that you have this job done by a professional in order to make sure everything gets put back together correctly. Once the heater core has been replaced, I would recommend flushing the cooling system, installing a new radiator cap, and bleeding any air from the system if necessary to ensure proper function of the heater and cooling system.