Q: My car is overheating even after replacing waterpump and thermostat

My Jeep has been overheating after running for ten minutes. I've tried replacing the thermostat and water pump, but it still overheats. The water doesn't seem to be flowing correctly the thermostat and hoses connected to it will heat up, but the radiator will not heat up which by the way was replaced two months ago and is not leaking. I've checked the oil and it looks clean so I doubt that it is a blown head gasket. I am confused at what else it could be. What else should I check?

A: Hi. It sounds like the heater core is clogg...

Hi. It sounds like the heater core is clogged and restricting the flow of coolant in the coolant system. There is also the possibility that the new radiator is defective and is causing the car to overheat. The head gasket could also be blown. Just because the antifreeze has not mixed with the oil doesn't mean the head gasket is not leaking and is causing the Jeep to overheat. If you need to have this scoped out by an expert, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the overheating problem and have this issue corrected.