I was driving and my dash lights and everything turned of...

Q: I was driving and my dash lights and everything turned off and eventually my car started losing power

asked by on June 20, 2017

So I was on the freeway and my car started losing power and my speedometer went to 0 and rpm went to 0. As I was driving further to my house my car started losing power and slowly died down as I came home. Now it wont even start up or anything. What can be an issue

It could be that your alternator has failed and for some reason you didn’t get any warning lights. Usually you can drive a car with a bad alternator for a few hours before the battery voltage is too low to keep things working. Now the battery is dead and you can’t get anything to work. I don’t recommend you trying to jump start the car, there is too much that can go wrong and it wouldn’t get you anywhere since you apparently aren’t charging. You can have this looked at by a professional by Contacting Your Mechanic They will send a technician right to your home or office to check out your Honda and let you know what needs to be done.