Q: oil pressure light comes on when l stop at a light or when it idles then l push the gas peddle and it goes off.

started going on with 26000 miles dodge said they put a new motor still does the same thing

When the oil pressure light comes on, the engine oil is loosing oil pressure. I recommend performing an oil change and filter change with a good brand filter. If the light is still coming on, then hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge to the engine and monitor what the oil pressure is doing. If the oil pressure is low at idle and goes up when the engine is revved up, then the rod and main bearings on the crankshaft are worn and need replaced. If the oil pressure is good and is not low at all, then oil pressure sending unit is damaged and needs replaced. If the oil pressure drops to 0 at idle, then the pick-up tube or the oil pump is failing and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your oil pressure being low at idle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. oil pressure light comes on when l stop at a light or when it idles then l push the gas peddle and it goes off.