Q: Car smoking and won't go into reverse without stalling.

I can start the car, however, when I put it in reverse, the car shuts down. It also smokes and the Check Engine light comes on.

A: I would ask for help from a mechanic to che...

I would ask for help from a mechanic to check the code that is turning on the check engine light. The code in the computer will give the mechanic a starting point for his diagnosis. There are many reasons why a check engine light could come on. There could be a bad sensor on your engine. The mechanic should have the necessary diagnostic tools to determine what is causing the problem with your vehicle.