Q: Lock is not working in the car remote key but unlock is working

asked by on March 25, 2016

Lock is not working in the car remote key but unlock is working

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. The first thing to check is to see if the interior lights go out after you close the doors. If the system sees a door is open then it will not lock the doors for you. Check fuse #16 in the engine compartment fuse box for locks. If the doors are closed and the fuse is good then your remote may be bad or have a defective lock button. Try another remote to see if the issue is resolved. If it is, then replace the bad remote. If you still have issues then contact a technician, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect for electrical problems and replace failing parts.