Q: I have a 2002 Tahoe. My horn is not working. Is there a video or instruction paper that shows how to open steering wheel cover?

My horn is not working. An electrician said the problem is inside the steering wheel.

Second issue, I've noticed a humming sound when the head lights are on. The sound disappears when I switch to high beam.

Hi there. To remove the horn button and replace it in the steering column / steering wheel, perform the following steps:

• (1). Disconnect the battery before removing any electrical wiring on your vehicle.
  • (2). Release the airbag by inserting a small screwdriver in the two tiny holes in the shroud behind the wheel and pressing the release.
  • (3). Disconnect the two airbag wires by pressing in on either side of the connector.
  • (4). Disconnect the steering wheel control connector at the top of the wheel if you have them.
  • (5). Remove the horn switch which has a plastic shield and two red wires from either side of the wheel.
  • (6). Press the horn switch in until it bottoms out and rotate it counter clockwise 90 degrees and it should pull out.
  • (7). Remove the harness from the horn switch and remove the horn switch from the steering wheel / steering column. _________________________________________________

In stalling the horn button and putting the steering wheel with the airbag back on is the opposite of removing them. Make sure that the battery is hooked up last after all work is performed and be sure to double check all the wiring connections before continuing. If you need further assistance with your horn switch replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have a 2002 Tahoe. My horn is not working. Is there a video or instruction paper that shows how to open steering wheel cover?