Q: Best water pump or "good enough"? 2004 Porsche Boxster S

asked by on February 09, 2017

rattling noise coming from waterpump area so i parked. fluid flushing out. Im about to trade in my Porsche for a new car, does it matter on the brand of water pump? $78-$289 bucks

Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1147.02 Get a Quote

Hi - there is a certain value from the buyers point of view in being to able say you "only used OEM parts" - and I don’t mean necessarily ones that came in a Porsche box. Pierburg is an OEM supplier of these pumps to Porsche, for example, and they are available from Porsche aftermarket parts suppliers for $200 or slightly less. For assistance with this repair, I recommend a water pump replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and repair this issue with quality parts.