Q: My car's center console has no power

asked by on November 17, 2016

Car was in body shop for repair while there they disconnected battery and allowed to discharge, when replaced and charged the radio xm info center now has no power did they fault my factory security system and have to reset it? If so do i have to have them take to dealership or can I do myself

Hello. If your center console and radio unit is no longer working after the battery is disconnected then it may be possible that a fuse has blown. I would check the vehicle’s interior fuse box to see if any of the fuses are blown.

You may refer to the owner’s manual for specific fuse box locations and diagrams. There are also instances where the console can be reset by pulling out the radio fuse, starting the vehicle, reinstalling it, and then restarting the vehicle. If the fuses all check out then it may be possible that the console itself has gone bad, or that there is a wiring issue causing the malfunction.

If you are unsure I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine what is causing the console to malfunction.