Q: 2004 Cadillac cts 3.6 car only cranks when i jump start starter relay

asked by on July 22, 2017

2004 Cadillac cts 3.6 car only cranks when i jump start starter relay with tweezers the car starts right up. i replaced starter relay today the problem persists

Based on what you described, the only possibility is that the starter relay is faulty. You may have purchased a faulty one somehow. The reason that I say this is because if you eliminate the starter relay from the equation, the vehicle starts just fine. Once the starter relay is put back in and no bypass or jumper wire is installed, the problem persists. Therefore, the starter relay is the only logical explanation for this issue. It is unfortunate that you got a bad one however I would strongly recommend to warranty out the relay and try it again.